Membership of Withington Onwards (formerly Senior Club) is free, lifelong and automatic for:
- All former pupils of WGS Senior School
- Staff members who have taught at the school.
We currently have over 3,000 members residing all around the world including in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, South Africa, Kenya, China and various European countries.
We encourage all our members to become involved with the work that we do, and to consider becoming an Alumnae Ambassador.
A Secure Login/password Database
Please login and keep your contact and subscription data clean.
- Complimentary Alumnae publications, sent in the format requested by you. This includes certain School Bulletins, and the annual Alumnae magazine Withington Onwards. [Members who would still like to receive the full School Newsletter should contact us and send a cheque for £15 ]
- Access to our career networking, mentoring and university buddying schemes
- Arranging fundraising activities with our support
- Assistance with other Alumnae-related requests
Searching the archives
School has a large archive packed with information and artefacts, from the foundation of the school in 1890 to the present day, including copies of every school bulletin that was ever produced. Whether you are interested in searching for information relating to your time at Withington, or in discovering more about family members who may have attended the School, contact us and we’d be happy to help.
Getting back in touch with old school friends
We have a large database of alumnae spanning several decades, and will try to put you back in contact with your friends. Please be aware that Data Protection laws prevent us from passing on details unless express permission has been given. However, we will offer to forward correspondence to the person if we have their contact details and if not, we will let you know. Simply contact us, stating the full name and approximate leaving year of the person you are trying to find, and we’ll start searching.
Organising a reunion
With a well-developed programme of regional, national and year group reunions, our events are proving very popular. If you have provided your current postal and / or email address, you will receive advance notification of these events; but perhaps you would like to arrange a reunion for your own year group or even a smaller gathering? We can help you to do this, so please do contact us if you need assistance to:
- Choose a venue – at School
- Advise budget and catering options
- Make contact with your fellow year leavers
- Send and manage guest invitations/replies and payment
- Publicise your event
- Provide a reception service on arrival
- Organise tours of the School
- Accommodate special requests – e.g. menu, table plan & place card printing, archive material displays, collation of memories, photography and floral/table arrangements.
Latest Alumnae News
The Development Office is delighted to invite you the Annual Open Reunion, on Saturday 9th June 2018…
Wednesday 25th April 2018, 3-5 pm £8.00 per ticket Lindeth Howe Hotel, Cumbria, LA23 3JF The De…
Saturday 3rd February 2018 11am for 11.15am start Friends and family of much loved Withington Lati…