Ad Lucem Awards 2023
Closing date for nominees – Tuesday 31st January, 2023
Our biennial Ad Lucem Awards return for 2023.
Following on from the inspiring nominees and award winners from 2021, we are looking forward to hearing about and celebrating the achievements of the amazing women who are part of our Withington alumnae.
The recipient of an Ad Lucem Award will be a Withington alumna who has made an outstanding contribution to society, or who acts as an inspirational role model, either in a professional, voluntary or philanthropic capacity, or through their personal endeavours. Their achievements, outlook and conduct will demonstrate that they continue to reflect the school’s ethos and values, making them an exceptional public ambassador for our school community.
There are three categories:
- The Ad Lucem Alumna Award
- The Ad Lucem Young Alumna Award (for alumnae under the age of 30 at the nomination deadline)
- The Rose Acton Ad Lucem Award named in memory of alumna Rose Acton from the Class of 2010 who sadly died in 2020, nominations for this award will embody qualities that Rose herself displayed throughout her life and that are valued highly in our school community; qualities such as courage, curiosity, kindness, humour, determination, resilience and a desire to improve things for others. Most importantly, like Rose, any recipient of this award demonstrably inspires and supports those around them to achieve more than they thought they could.
The winners will be announced and the awards presented at our Founders’ Day celebration in May 2023.
Anyone is welcome to make a nomination but please note:
- Nominees shall have attended Withington Girls’ School
- Nominees shall not be current WGS staff members
- Awards may be considered posthumously
- Nominees should be nominated by someone other than themselves
Fill out this online form to make a nomination where you are invited to submit a statement (up to 500 words) to allow a greater understanding of the nominee’s achievements and/or contribution to society. You can also submit any further supporting documentation (press articles, publications, resume of nominee) via email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or post your nomination to the Development Team at the school.
The closing date for nominations is Tuesday 31st January 2023.
A shortlist of nominations for each category will then be identified by a selection committee which includes the Head Girl Team. Senior School pupils will then be asked to vote for their preferred nominee in each category.
The award trophies for 2023 will be designed by current pupils as part of a Design & Technology competition.
We would love to celebrate as many alumnae as possible, so do please take the time to make a nomination if there is someone who you feel would be a worthy recipient.
If you have any queries, please contact the Development Team on 0161 249 3377 or email email@example.com.
Latest Alumnae News
The end to the weeks of waiting had finally arrived and it was a celebratory group of Year 11 pupils…
Withington Girls’ School Upper Sixth students today celebrated an outstanding set of A Level publi…
Year 7 pupil Lara Gupta won a competition run by Girls on Track UK to spend a day at the Mercedes Fo…