An appreciation of mathematical relationships and a facility with using and interpreting mathematical language are essential tools in the world our girls will enter.
We provide a learning environment in which each girl can:
- exercise and enjoy her growing range of mathematical skills
- use appropriate language to express mathematical ideas and relationships
- develop the mathematical understanding to apply known skills in new contexts
- acquire the flexibility, independence and powers of reasoning to enable her to think abstractly and to select and use her skills effectively
- apply mathematics to support her understanding of the transactions and decisions of everyday life.
Mathematics lessons provide opportunities for developing skills in other areas too:
- social skills through working together and listening to others’ explanations;
- communication skills as girls learn to express ideas accurately and unambiguously both orally and in their written work;
- ICT skills as girls use spreadsheets to organise, manipulate and display numerical data
Latest Junior School News
The physical heart of a school building could describe any number of spaces but there is no doubt th…
A Withington alumna and current Governor of the School has been chosen by the Queen as the next High…
We are delighted that Kea Bell, WGS Head Girl 2019-20, has been presented with a Young Citizen of th…