An appreciation of mathematical relationships and a facility with using and interpreting mathematical language are essential tools in the world our girls will enter.
We provide a learning environment in which each girl can:
- exercise and enjoy her growing range of mathematical skills
- use appropriate language to express mathematical ideas and relationships
- develop the mathematical understanding to apply known skills in new contexts
- acquire the flexibility, independence and powers of reasoning to enable her to think abstractly and to select and use her skills effectively
- apply mathematics to support her understanding of the transactions and decisions of everyday life.
Mathematics lessons provide opportunities for developing skills in other areas too:
- social skills through working together and listening to others’ explanations;
- communication skills as girls learn to express ideas accurately and unambiguously both orally and in their written work;
- ICT skills as girls use spreadsheets to organise, manipulate and display numerical data
Latest Junior School News
The Summer Term traditionally sees Year 6s bid farewell to their time at Withington Girls’ Junior …
Explore This term, our Junior art enthusiasts have continued with their World of Fashion Arts Awa…
As Junior girls begin a mammoth mission to record their annual summer musical production – this ye…