An appreciation of mathematical relationships and a facility with using and interpreting mathematical language are essential tools in the world our girls will enter.
We provide a learning environment in which each girl can:
- exercise and enjoy her growing range of mathematical skills
- use appropriate language to express mathematical ideas and relationships
- develop the mathematical understanding to apply known skills in new contexts
- acquire the flexibility, independence and powers of reasoning to enable her to think abstractly and to select and use her skills effectively
- apply mathematics to support her understanding of the transactions and decisions of everyday life.
Mathematics lessons provide opportunities for developing skills in other areas too:
- social skills through working together and listening to others’ explanations;
- communication skills as girls learn to express ideas accurately and unambiguously both orally and in their written work;
- ICT skills as girls use spreadsheets to organise, manipulate and display numerical data
Latest Junior School News
Withington Girls’ School is celebrating being named Independent School of the Year for Academic Pe…
Seven schools perform as massed choir at Manchester Cathedral Withington Girls’ School pupils…
Former Lioness defender Lindsay Johnson has been appointed Director of Sport at Withington Girls’ …