Arrangements in the Event of Severe Weather Conditions
The School has made the following arrangements for monitoring the
weather and managing communication during periods of adverse weather:
- Weather forecasts and current conditions will be closely monitored by the Senior Leadership Team.
- In the event of severe weather conditions, a decision about whether School will open or not will be made as soon as possible after 6.30am.
- Information will be communicated to parents via Clarion Call (text and email) and the School website. All decisions will be co-ordinated with The Manchester Grammar School and Manchester High School for Girls with whom many transport services are shared.
- Subsequent updates will be provided both by text message and via the School’s website. Parents are encouraged to check the website frequently during the school day for updates.
- In some cases a decision will be made to close the School early: once again parents will be informed by Clarion Call (text or voicemail messaging) and the information will be posted on our website.
- If the School closes early on the grounds of severe weather there would be no after-school activities and the Late Room would not be available.
Practical points for parents
Please could we ask parents to ensure that their daughters wear appropriate footwear during severe weather. Girls may come to school wearing boots or wellingtons as long as they change into their normal school shoes on arrival. Girls may need to walk a little further if buses are not able to drop off at the normal stops so footwear which is suitable for the snow/ice is essential. We would advise that girls have suitable coats, scarves and gloves. In winters past, many girls have arrived without a coat and with no scarf or hat. Given that some journeys are longer in bad weather it is important that girls have good protection from the cold.
Latest Withington News
This year’s Young Chemistry Communicator project was launched in January and attended by 23 Within…
Year 3 adventured off to Robinwood for 3 days from 27th-29th March on a fulfilling experience of t…
This month, the Year 12 A-Level Geography group visited the Northern Quarter to carry out compulsory…