Withington Girls’ School is committed to providing the highest standard of education and care for all its pupils both within and outside the classroom, together with excellent facilities for teaching and learning. Through the provision of a wide range of extracurricular activities we seek to ensure that girls have numerous opportunities to develop teamwork, leadership, responsibility and service, in order to prepare them, not only for outstanding academic success, but also for life beyond school. We strive to encourage all our pupils to achieve their full potential in every sphere, and to become mature, independent learners who can face with confidence the challenges and opportunities of adult life in the 21st Century.
Aims of the School
- To create a caring and supportive environment in which every member of the School community, pupils and staff, is well known and well supported, and where individual needs are met wherever reasonably practicable
- To provide consistently excellent teaching throughout the school and across a broad and balanced curriculum, to help girls of above national average academic ability to achieve an exceptional standard of achievement and learning; to foster an intellectual curiosity, a love of learning, independence of mind and a sense of individual responsibility
- To provide opportunities for teamwork, leadership and community service through the provision of the broadest possible range of curricular and extra-curricular activities
- To encourage every girl to acquire the skills, confidence, knowledge and experience to extend her aspirations and realise her potential in terms of spiritual, moral, social, cultural, intellectual and physical development
- To encourage respect for self and others, acceptance of responsibility for one’s actions and an awareness of, and sensitivity to, the needs of others within the School and local communities and globally; and to provide all pupils with an effective preparation for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in British society
- To provide accurate, up-to-date and impartial careers guidance to enable all girls to make informed choices about a broad range of careers options and to prepare them effectively for higher education
- To ensure that sufficient funding is available to maintain/add to existing buildings and to enhance the facilities and infrastructure in order to facilitate excellent teaching, learning, social interaction, extra-curricular activities and community links
- To maintain and increase the level of means-tested bursary support to secure the diversity of the school community, with the eventual aim of needs-blind admissions
- To maintain and develop strong links with parents, former members of the School and the local community
- To develop the positive profile of the School, locally, nationally and internationally.
Latest Withington News
School is open as normal. We expect continued traffic disruption and advise pupils sitting public …
Last night was the 'World Premiere', no less, of the Withington 'Now and Then' film, made with the s…
Withington’s Senior pupils were treated in an assembly this week to a special showing of a newsree…