Annual Alumnae and Former Staff Open Reunion
The Development Office is delighted to invite you the Annual Open Reunion, on Saturday 10th June 2017, 10.30-17.00.
The Open Reunion is always a fantastic occasion, allowing you the opportunity to catch up with your classmates and former teachers, and take a tour of your old school. This year we will be showing our new documentary, Withington Now and Then, a project supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, and you can hear all about our exciting plans for the future of Sport at Withington.
We hope you will join us in welcoming Mrs Sarah Haslam as Withington’s newest Headmistress. This will be Mrs Haslam’s first Alumnae Reunion as Head of Withington, and it would be great to see as many Old Girls as possible on the day, to say hello and wish her luck in her new role.
Tickets for the day are £10 (£5 for retired former staff). The price of your ticket will include the light refreshments provided throughout the day and a buffet lunch. You can book online here.
Programme of the Events
Arrival in Reception and welcome drinks
11.15: Welcome from Development Director
Mrs Toni Leden will say a few words of welcome in the Arts Centre, and inform you of our exciting plans for Sport at Withington.
11.30: Welcome from our New Headmistress
Mrs Sarah Haslam will introduce herself and say a few words about her vision for the school.
12.00: ‘Withington, Now and Then’ oral-histories film screening
Many of our Alumnae were involved in the making of this film, and appear in it being interviewed by current pupils about their memories of Withington.
13.00: Buffet Lunch
We will leave the Arts Centre and head to the Junior School Hall for lunch.
15.00-16.30: Tours of the School
Our tours will take you all around school, from corridors and classrooms you remember to new areas you may not have seen before. If you would like a tour please register upon arrival.
15.00-16.30: Table Tennis
The new Table Tennis tables will be set up in the Hub, so why not challenge your classmates to a round? Pre-registering is essential, so let us know if you’d like to reserve a table.
16.00-17.00: Tea, Coffee and Cake
Our reunion will end at 17:00, but many year-groups choose to continue the festivities and head elsewhere afterwards. Let us know if you’re organising something like this and you’d like our help to get in touch with members of your year-group.
Special Anniversary Years
In 2017, the following year groups celebrate special anniversaries:
Class of 1957: 60 Year Anniversary
Class of 1967: 50 Year Anniversary
Class of 1977: 40 Year Anniversary
Class of 1992: 25 Year Anniversary
Class of 2007: 10 Year Anniversary
If you belong to one of these year groups and would like to organise a special get-together on the day of the Open Reunion, please let us know. We can provide a separate break-out area for your class if necessary, and are happy to help coordinate your year and reach out to everyone who might wish to return to school to celebrate.
Book your tickets online or contact the Development Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0161 249 3377.
List of Attendees (listed by maiden name)
- Angela Dale (Class of 1949)
- Beryl Greenhalgh (Class of 1952)
- Brenda Nicol (Class of 1952)
- Margaret Whiston (Class of 1954)
- Mavis Williams (Class of 1954)
- Esther Dean (Class of 1954)
- Briony Young (Class of 1967)
- Victoria Lowe (Class of 1970)
- Valerie Gilbert (Class of 1971)
- Katharine Douglas (Class of 1971)
- Janet Wharton (Class of 1971)
- Julie Wilson (Class of 1971)
- Helen Valentine (Class of 1971)
- Ursula (Uschi) Lightfoot (Class of 1973)
- Diane Hutton (Class of 1975)
- Judith Roberts (Class of 1977)
- Vicki Marshall (Class of 1977)
- Gillian Price (Class of 1977)
- Christina Gibbs (Class of 1977)
- Christine Blakeley (Class of 1977)
- Jayne Harris (Class of 1977)
- Anne Kirkham (Class of 1980)
- Rosanne Chapman (Class of 2007)
- Eleanor Pike (Class of 2007)
- Marjorie Hulme (Former Head)
- Marjorie Spurgin (Former Staff)
- Catherine Tweedie (Former Staff)
- Judith Wilson (Former Staff)
- Ruth Neal (Former Staff)
- Janet Pickering (Former Head)
- Amy Morris (Former Staff)
- Catherine Bankes (Former Staff)